|Chicago Computers and Internet|
|Computer Network Design|
|Internet Service Providers|
|Search Engine Optimization|
|Local Radio and Television|
|Dance and Music Shows|
|Local DJ Service|
|Chicago Health and Beauty|
|Special Health-Care Needs|
|Chicago Hair Salon|
Founded in 1879 as both a museum and school, first stood on the southwest corner of State and Monroe Streets. It opened on its present site at Michigan Avenue and Adams Street in 1893.
Today, after many decades, the Allerton Building had been radically altered to accommodate a growing collection and new methods of presentation. A two-year renovation and restoration program of the second floor renewed the space's symmetry, improved lighting, and created optimum viewing conditions. The dramatic increase of the contemporary art collection and the popularity of large traveling exhibitions led to the construction of the Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Building in 1988. In the 1990s, the Art Institute constructed a new suite of galleries to house its Asian collection. Here, famed architect Tadao Ando designed his first American space, a gallery for Japanese screens. In 1993, a totally reconstructed Kraft Education Center opened to serve students, teachers, and families. Restoration of the Art Institute's earliest educational spaces became a priority: the Ryerson Library renovated in 1994 with restored interiors and new underground stacks, and work on Fullerton Auditorium began in 1999. As the century closed, a new exterior ramp and interior elevator were under construction to provide universal access to the Art Institute.
111 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60603-6404
Added 2010/01/21 | Updated 2011/11/16
|Website||The Art Institute of Chicago|